The Municipal Treasury Services Office shall effectively implement quality treasury services support in the municipality that conform to accepted standards.
Downloadable Business Application form
|Head of Office
|Peter R. Panawidan
- The treasurer shall be appointed by the Secretary of Finance from a list of at least three (3) ranking, eligible recommendees of the mayor, subject to civil service law, rules and regulations. However, the treasurer shall be under the administrative supervision of the mayor, to whom he shall report regularly on the tax collection efforts in the local government unit.
1) Advise the mayor, the sanggunian, and other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds, and on such other matters
relative to public finance;
(2) Take custody of and exercise proper management of the funds of the local government unit concerned;
(3) Take charge of the disbursement of all local government funds and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
(4) Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the local government unit concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances, pursuant to the provisions under Book II of the Local Government Code;
(5) Maintain and update the tax information system of the local government unit;
(e) In the case of the provincial treasurer, exercise technical supervision over all treasury offices of component cities and municipalities; and
(f) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.